- Our business
- Our strategic objectives
- Our sponsorship
- Our history
- Our global locations
- Investor dashboard
- Shareholder information
- Regulatory news
- Financial results
- Investor pack
- Analyst consensus
- For debt investors
- Investor contacts
- Financial calendar
- News & publications
- Early careers
- Contact our recruitment teams
- Our strategy
- Responsible business
- Engaging employment
- Supporting saving
- Investing responsibly
- Sustainability news
- Contact us
1825 announces new management team in North East region
12 May 2017
- Mark Tootill appointed Managing Director North East region
- Tim Johnson takes on newly created Financial Planning Director role
- Steve Lloyd becomes Financial Planning and Client Service Director
1825 today announced the new senior management structure in its North East Regional office with the appointment of Mark Tootill as Managing Director, Tim Johnson as Financial Planning director and Steve Lloyd as Financial Planning and Client Service Director.
Mark joins 1825 from St James Place Wealth Management where he was Senior Partnership Development Manager. As a Chartered Financial Planner with nearly 25 years’ experience in the industry Mark has held a number of roles required to lead a successful wealth management business. Prior to St James Place Wealth Management, Mark held positions in Prudential and Wesleyan Assurance Society.
Tim’s new role as Financial Planning Director will focus on relationships with key clients and the mentoring and development of financial planning talent. Tim has been with the business for over 20 years holding a number of leading roles in that time. As well as his financial planning commitments Steve will be responsible for the end to end client experience, ensuring great planning, service, and support is consistently delivered to clients.
Steve Murray, 1825 CEO, said: “I am delighted Mark will be joining Tim, Steve and the wider 1825 leadership team in the North East. Mark’s experience and expertise will further strengthen the capability we already have, as we seek to build and grow our business further.”
Mark Tootill said: “It continues to be an exciting time for the financial planning industry with an ever increasing demand for quality advice. There are significant opportunities to add value and deliver the best outcomes for customers and I am looking forward to working with the team in Leeds and the wider 1825 business to achieve this.”
Mark will join 1825 in early July, Tim and Steve are already in their new roles.
Notes to editors
- 1825 is a financial planning business with offices in Ayr, Bishop Auckland, Crewe, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Hamilton, Leeds, London, Reading and Sheffield.
- 1825 offers a full financial planning and personal tax advice service which is focused on client goals. Combined with a wide range of investment options, powered by globally renowned experts, and access to technology solutions, clients are able to access support how and when they need it.
- By understanding its customers, investing in technology and offering innovative solutions to meet everyone’s needs, 1825 is making it easier for people to plan their finances and feel more confident about the future.
- 1825 is wholly-owned by Standard Life plc and will grow to be a UK-wide financial planning business through organic growth and acquisition.
- Standard Life was established in Edinburgh in 1825. Today it is a global investment company helping people to invest and manage their money.
- Around 4.5 million customers and clients across 45 countries trust Standard Life with their financial future and Standard Life is responsible for the administration of over £360 billion of their assets. Standard Life also supports over 25 million customers through Indian and Chinese associate and joint venture businesses.
- Standard Life employs around 6,300 people internationally – through businesses in the UK, Europe, North America, Asia and Australia.
- Standard Life Investments actively manages £278 billion worldwide, offering global asset management expertise with strong investment capabilities and performance.
- Standard Life plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange with around 1.2 million individual shareholders.
- Wherever Standard Life operates in the world, it is motivated by a sense of responsibility. That is what has helped it be a sustainable business over the long term. Standard Life is proud to be listed as a leader for corporate sustainability in its industry in the Dow Jones SustainabilityTM Indices (DJSI World and DJSI Europe).
- To help clients find out more about financial planning, 1825 provides information at www.1825.com
- You can follow 1825 in the UK on Twitter @1825