- Our business
- Our strategic objectives
- Our sponsorship
- Our history
- Our global locations
- Investor dashboard
- Shareholder information
- Regulatory news
- Financial results
- Investor pack
- Analyst consensus
- For debt investors
- Investor contacts
- Financial calendar
- News & publications
- Our strategy
- Responsible business
- Engaging employment
- Supporting saving
- Investing responsibly
- Sustainability news
- Contact us
Elevate investment programme puts advisers first
4 April 2017
- Delivers a series of Elevate platform enhancements to support new-style adviser models and the key asset consolidation and decumulation markets
- Enhances functionality, improving efficiency and broadening the range of discounted investment solutions
- Further strengthens the already award-winning Elevate platform.
Standard Life has today announced investment plans for its Elevate platform with the delivery of a series of platform enhancements through a targeted programme reflecting the results of our recent adviser research.
The programme focuses on supporting new-style advice models and the key asset consolidation and decumulation markets. Elevate will lead on supporting the adviser and client experience around structuring and matching client investment mandates with the right blend of discretionary and fund-based solutions.
Elevate will focus on the efficient delivery of financial planning services at scale. Enhancements to the platform are designed to:
- Bring together one of the widest range of investment solutions in the market, supported by efficient selection processes and richer reporting for multi-manager funds
- Offer access to an extended range of leading external discretionary investment portfolios, powered by Standard Life’s tried and tested portfolio management capability.
- Improve integration and tools to support cash flow, CGT planning and pension income management.
- Enhance user journeys including new ‘click and switch’ processes, efficiently transferring assets between wrappers to maximise tax efficiency.
- Improve the client experience with reduced paperwork, as well as improved investment and tax reporting.
Standard Life, Head of Adviser and Wealth Manager Propositions, David Tiller commented:
“We are seeing a number of platforms struggling to cope with changing adviser priorities. Legacy fund platforms, with their transactional nature, relegate the role of the adviser to that of mere execution rather than active ongoing plan management. Picking funds and products is the outcome of advice, not the advice itself. With adviser focus having shifted to consolidation and decumulation, it is vital that platforms help advisers to constantly review and reshape client plans as needs evolve. Many platforms are finding it difficult to support this without significant – and costly - technology upgrades. Elevate has always prioritised the delivery of a streamlined service for advisers serving clients in the run up to and throughout retirement. This investment is about taking this to the next level.
“The investment programme announced today will enhance this with richer functionality and slicker processes while extending the choice of discounted investment solutions available to advisers. Advisers and clients want a platform that will support them throughout retirement and Elevate will do just that.”
Steve Owen, Head of Proposition for Elevate, said:
“With this investment programme we can share a clear roadmap of positive developments that will genuinely help our adviser partners. We know from recent research with Elevate advisers that investing in technology to support their advice process is more important than delivering unused product features or investment choices. The features arms race is over. It’s not about ‘flashing lights’, it’s about enabling advisers to help them grow their businesses while offering their clients a great service.”
Standard Life acquired Elevate in November 2016, announcing its strategy to maintain Elevate as a standalone proposition in the adviser market.
Notes to Editors
About Standard Life
- Standard Life was established in Edinburgh in 1825. Today it is a global investment company helping people to invest and manage their money.
- Around 4.5 million customers and clients across 45 countries trust Standard Life with their financial future and Standard Life is responsible for the administration of £357 billion of their assets. Standard Life also supports over 25 million customers through Indian and Chinese associate and joint venture businesses.
- Standard Life Investments actively manages £278billion worldwide, offering global asset management expertise with strong investment capabilities and performance.
- Standard Life employs around 6,300 people internationally – through businesses in the UK, Europe, North America, Asia and Australia.
- Standard Life plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange with around 1.2 million individual shareholders.
- Wherever Standard Life operates in the world, it is motivated by a sense of responsibility. That is what has helped it be a sustainable business over the long term. Standard Life is proud to be listed as a leader for corporate sustainability in its industry in the Dow Jones Sustainability™ Indices (DJSI World and DJSI Europe).
You can follow Standard Life on www.twitter.com/StandardLifeplc
About Standard Life Platforms
- Elevate and Standard Life Wrap is used by over 3,000 financial advice and wealth management firms and serves over 360,000 customers.
- Total Standard Life platform assets under administration are over £44 billion including net inflows of £4.8 billion in 2016.
- The ‘Superclean’ share classes for Architas funds are available on Elevate and Standard Life Wrap.
- The Elevate platform was voted “Best Platform Provider (AUM up to £15 billion)” by advisers at the UK Platform Awards 2016 for the second year in a row and the “Best Platform for Adviser Service”. For the third year in a row, Standard Life Wrap was voted “Best Platform Provider (AUM over £12.5 billion in 2014 and 2015, and AUM over £15 billion in 2016)” by the adviser community at the prestigious UK Platform Awards 2016.
- For more information about Elevate, visit www.elevateplatform.co.uk
- Adviserzone is Standard Life’s dedicated extranet site for UK financial advisers. Visit www.adviserzone.com for more details.
All figures in our Notes to Editors are at 31 December 2016 unless stated otherwise.