- Keith Skeoch, the chief executive of Standard Life Investments, is announced as the new group chief executive of Standard Life plc.
- We are recognised as one of the top 50 employers for women by The Times newspaper.
- We announce our full-year results for 2014, including increased assets under administration of £296 billion. Read about our full 2014 results.
- We complete the sale of our Canadian companies - Standard Life Financial Inc. and Standard Life Investments Inc. - to Manulife for C$4bn (£2.2bn).
- Standard Life Investments buys Ignis Asset Management, a UK-based asset management company with £59bn assets under management (as at December 2013).
- We announce our full-year results for 2013, including £751m profits before tax.
- We announce record-breaking profits of £900m before tax for the year ended December 2012.
- We buy the private client division from Newton Management Limited, which becomes part of Standard Life Wealth.
- Our Legal team wins the 'Best In-House Legal Team' award from the Law Society of Scotland.
- We win the FSTech 'Partnership Award' for our partnership in the UK with BT (they supply our telephony).
- We open branches in Singapore and the Middle East, expanding our international business.
- We look after over £200bn in assets.
- Maxxellence, a new savings product, launches to the German marketplace.
- We improve our listing in the DJSI World sustainability index, and keep our listing in theFTSE4Good index.
- We get our second Carbon Saver Gold certification.
- HDFC wins 'Best Product Innovation' awards at the Indian Insurance Awards.
- We win a Marketing Society Gold award in Canada.
- We launch a repositioned brand and refreshed visual identity, with the slogan: 'The Way Forward'.
- We launch LifeLens, a corporate benefits proposition for employers.
- Voted 'Best Investment Service Provider of the Year' at Financial Adviser awards 1993 to 2011.
- We secure a place in one of the world's leading sustainability indices: DJSI World. Find out more about DJSI here.
- The John Hancock GARS Fund (part of a strategic alliance between John Hancock in Boston, USA and Standard Life Investments) is listed as one of the Wall Street Journal's 'Rookie of the Year' funds.
- We sell Standard Life Healthcare to a subsidiary of Discovery Holdings Ltd, a South African-based health insurance company.
- Barclays Bank Plc acquires Standard Life Bank on 1 January.