- Our sponsorship
- Our history
- Our business
- Our global locations
- Investor dashboard
- Shareholder information
- Regulatory news
- Financial results
- Shareholder meetings
- Investor pack
- Analyst consensus
- For debt investors
- Investor contacts
- Financial calendar
- News & publications
- Contact us
School leavers’ opportunities
From great potential to real opportunities. Give your career the best start possible with our paid, work experience programmes.
You don’t need experience. Just talent.
If you’re interested in working for a global company and have the talents and strengths we’re looking for, apply for one of our school-leavers’ programmes.
Almost 200 young people have taken part in our school leaver programmes so far. Many have found permanent work, or used their work experience to take them onto further education.
We currently run two school leaver programmes in the UK:
- A six-month paid placement at our Edinburgh or London offices, in partnership with the Edinburgh Guarantee and The Prince’s Trust
- A twelve-month paid placement at Standard Life Investments’ HQ in Edinburgh, in partnership with Investment 2020
What we want
We’re looking for recent school leavers with a desire to get into work and onto a career path. We want people who are committed to doing their best every day. We also want your ideas and perspective too.
Who you are
You’re looking for something that will give you on-the-job experience, the opportunity to contribute your ideas and the chance to make a difference. You’re also:
- Interested in financial services
- Like helping customers
- A good communicator (face to face, online, on the phone)
- A team player
- OK working with Desktop PCs and other technology
- Good at checking details and for accuracy.
What you get
During your placement, you get:
- Paid monthly at the UK Living Wage
- Real work, collaborating with people from all over the business and with all types of work experience
- Guidance and advice from a mentor
- A development plan to grow your skills and abilities.