- Our sponsorship
- Our history
- Our business
- Our global locations
- Investor dashboard
- Shareholder information
- Regulatory news
- Financial results
- Shareholder meetings
- Investor pack
- For debt investors
- Investor contacts
- Financial calendar
- News & publications
- Contact us
Investment enables long-term growth, creates jobs, contributes to society's progress and helps our clients to achieve their aims.
What we are doing to meet this pledge?
- We take our responsibility as a leading global investor seriously and our Responsible investment team was recently rated No 1 Firm for the Extel 2015 Award for Leading UK Asset Management firm for Socially Responsible Investing/Environmental, Social and Governance.
We're also the only ethical fund provider to carry out an annual survey of ethical investor sentiment, since we're keen to actively recognise and reflect our investor's concerns.
- Our Governance and Stewardship team act in the best interest of our clients seeking to enhance the value of their investments in accordance with our Governance and Stewardship principles and policy guidelines. Where possible, they use their influence to encourage best practice standards in companies' management of social, environmental and governance issues.
- Our votes at shareholder meetings are fully disclosed online along with a summary of our engagements. Engagements with the companies we invest in give us a constructive opportunity to ask questions and challenge on the issues that could influence our client's investments.
- Positive impacts from our investment are demonstrated clearly by our global commitment to investing responsibly and in a sustainable way within our real estate investment portfolio. All nine funds submitted to Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB) were ranked as Green Stars. We also supported 70 charities and raised over £310K. To find out more take a look at our Annual Real Estate report
Standard Life Investments encourage responsible investment globally
- We're a signatory to the UN Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)
We've been committed to the PRI principles for some time and our Responsible Investment team reports quarterly on their activities. PRI is a global network where investors can collaborate and learn from each other about the financial and investment implications of ESG issues.
- We support the Investor Statement Access to Medicine Index
The Index publicly recognises companies for their investments in access to medicine, raising awareness of relevant issues within pharmaceutical companies and provides them with a transparent means by which they can assess, monitor and improve their own performance as well as their public and investment profiles. By supporting this index we can play an integral part in the stakeholder consultation process leading up to the publication of each Access to Medicine Index and encourages other investors to join us in our support.
- We support the 2014 Global Investor Statement on Climate Change
This statement calls on governments to provide more reliable and economically meaningful charges for carbon emissions and is designed to get institutional investors more engaged with the challenge of tackling climate change. We are one of 347 global institutional investors representing over $24 trillion in assets - that have signed up worldwide.